Leave Tokyo and go up to Mt. Fuji's 5th station and enjoy the view from 2300 meters above sea level. Then take in Hakone's beautiful natural scenery with a pleasure boat cruise around Lake Ashi and a ride on the Komagatake Ropeway.
Our most popular one-day tour! Leaving from Tokyo, this tour takes you up to Mt. Fuji's fifth station to enjoy the view from 2,300 m above sea level. After this, participants will take in Hakone's beautiful natural scenery with a pleasure boat cruise around Lake Ashino and a ride on the Komagatake Ropeway. The return trip to Tokyo will be by bullet train. A pick up/drop off service to Tokyo's major hotels and a Japanese-style lunch is included.
Leave Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal for a drive aboard a deluxe motorcoach to Mt. Fuji (3,776m or 12,388ft)
Fuji Visitor Center
Nature, culture and artwork concerning Mt. Fuji are on display at the information center.
Mt. Fuji 5th Station
A drive halfway up Mt. Fuji to the 5th Station enjoying the natural scenery en route.
Enjoy Japanese-style lunch at a restaurant.
A Cruise on Lake Ashi (Ashinoko Yuransen)
A delightful cruise on Lake Ashi (Ashinoko Yuransen) aboard a large sightseeing boat.
Mt. Komagatake Ropeway
Ride an aerial cableway up and down Mt. Komagatake for a sweeping view of celebrated Hakone National Park.
18:00 to 20:00
Drive to Odawara Station and abroad Shinkansen (Kodama / non-reserved). Arrive in Tokyo around 18:30-20:00.
- Hotel pick-up
- Transport in an air conditioned motorcoach
- GPS Based automatic navigation system available in Chinese and Spanish
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Guided tour and visits to Mt. Fuji and surrounding area
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Aerial cable car ride
- Japanese-style lunch (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels
- If your hotel is not in the list, you may choose to proceed to the Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
or be picked up at a hotel in the list that is nearest you. Please indicate your choice upon booking.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- GPS-equipped audio guides are available in Chinese and Spanish. Please request when booking.
- Mt Komagatake Ropeway will be skipped on the following days in 2013 due to traffic conditions:
Apr. 29, 30; May 1, 2, 6; Jul. 15, 20, 21, 27, 28; Aug. 3, 4, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31; Sep. 7, 16, 23 , 28; Oct. 5, 12, 14, 19, 26; Nov. 2 - 4, 9, 16, 23; Dec. 28 - 30. Heavy traffic is also expected on Oct. 12 and Nov. 2, 3., and Lake Kawaguchi may be substituted for Hakone.
- When the Fuji Visitor Center is closed or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic conditions, the Fuji Visitor Center may be skipped.
- The road to Mt. Fuji 5th station is sometimes closed due to heavy snows in the winter and the early spring. If this is the case, or if the tour is behind schedule, you will skip it and just go to the highest possible point at the moment.
- Although the Komagatake Ropeway, Hakone Ropeway or the cruise on Lake Ashi may be omitted or substituted due to traffic and weather conditions or other operational reasons, the tour will not be canceled nor will the tour fee be refunded. In case one or both of the destinations are omitted, you will enjoy one of the following alternatives:
*Narukawa Art Museum in Hakone
*Itchuku Kubota Art Museum
*Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi
*Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway
*Hakone Jinja Shrine and Hakone Ropeway (Owaku-dani Valley).
- Your tour guide will finalize alternatives based upon careful consideration of tour logistics and other conditions.
- We recommend you to bring an overcoat or other warm clothing during autumn and winter.
- If you are proceeding to Kyoto after this tour, please note that your arrival time is usually around 21:30. However, it will be around 22:00-23:00 sometimes as a result of traffic conditions.
- Please note that there are no refunds if you are late for your scheduled train after the tour due to heavy traffic. Please take the following train and sit in a nonreserved seat.
- The tour will not be cancelled nor refunded if you are unable to see the full view of Mt. Fuji due to weather conditions.
- Your tour guide may not accompany you back to Tokyo after Odawara Station for operational reasons. In this case, your guide will tell you how to go back to your hotel from Tokyo Station.
This tour visits scenic places that are very popular with Japanese tourists during fall (late October to early November) and spring (late April to early May). On weekends and national holidays at these times, traffic can get extremely heavy and alterations to the itinerary are likely (see "Please Note"). As such, we highly recommend avoiding weekends and holidays during these seasons and joining on weekdays when typically fewer domestic tourists are visiting. Please note that traffic and other circumstances may cause changes to the itinerary on weekdays as well.