See more than churches and castles on the most recommended tour in Budapest! Enjoy a complete overview of history, Buda Castle, Inner Pest, City Park & all the major sights in between in an entertaining & interactive walk divulging Budapest's best kept secrets.
The Absolute Walk is more than just churches and castles! Recommended by all the major guidebooks, our walking tour begins at the Opera House where we take a short ride on the Millennium metro out to the Heroes' Square and City Park.
There we learn about Hungarian history and culture through the line of kings displayed in chronicle order. After we walk through the park to visit the Vajdahunyad Castle (outside) complex built for the world EXPO in 1896 displaying typical Hungarian architecture used.
Next is a stop at Szechenyi bath house (peek inside when open) to learn about the amazing bath culture this country has to offer. Next we take the Millennium metro back towards the city center and stop off at the end of Andrassy Blvd where we learn about the significance of the street brought to culture and nobility.
Next we continue to see the big areas of Deak Square and Elizabeth Square then over to the St. Stephen's Basilica (a peek inside when open) and then we take a break in a cafe for a taste of Hungary's famous pastry called "retes" which is a strudel. Enjoy two pastries and a coffee or mineral water (included in the tour price).
After our refreshment break we head towards the center stopping Vaci walking street and Vorsomarthy Square then down to the riverside's famous Danube Promenade. Here we will look at the spectacular view of Gellert hill and the Citadel, Buda Hills and the Buda Castle District as we walk along it.
We stop at the Vigado (outside) the former municipal hall with loads of historical stories and then a picturesque photo opportunity is in order with the little princess before crossing the famous Chain Bridge.
For the final part of the tour we climb the steps up to the Buda Castle District to the Royal Palace (outside) and then walk through the old cobble stone streets and alleys to our finishing point in front of the Matthias church and Fisherman's Bastion.
At the conclusion of the tour the guide will help you with ideas, directions and more!
- Hungarian History and Culture
- Heroes' Sq and City Park with a peek into the bath house
- Inner Pest - Opera, Basilica, Synagogue
- Walking District - Vaci St, Danube Promenade, Chain Bridge
- Buda Castle District - Royal Palace, Fisherman's Bastion, Matthias Church
- Private English speaking guide
- Public transport tickets during tour when applicable
- Stops for photos and questions
- Drink (choice of coffee, cappuccino, tea or mineral water)
- 2 Hungarian pastries
- Pick-up option
- Entrance fees to sights and museums
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 15 years old are free of charge.
- This tour ends in the Buda Castle District near Matthias church.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking with short breaks up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- The walking tours are small and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide.
- Tour duration is between 3 to 3.5 hours.